CYCLOP, the videopoetry festival in Kyiv, Ukraine, has been running every November since 2011. “The festival programme features video poetry-related lectures, workshops, round tables, discussions, presentations of international contests and festivals, as well as a demonstration of the best examples of Ukrainian and world videopoetry, a competitive program, an awards ceremony and other related projects.” For the 2015 festival, they’ve brought in a panel of international jurors for a new contest for international poetry films.
5th CYCLOP International Videopoetry Contest
1 August — 30 September 2015
Rules and regulations:
- Films of up to 10 minutes duration that are no more than two years old (January 2013) may be entered.
- There are no limitation about subject and language restrictions. All films that are not in English must have English subtitles.
- Video can be performed in any techniques using any necessary equipment (video, animation, flash etc).
- By sending your film, you confirm that the film may be shown at the CYCLOP Videopoetry Festival. The artist must have all property and screening rights.
- Each artist can send more than one work.
- All videos must be sent with the following characteristics:
File format: .MOV or .AVI.
Standard: PAL. Codec: H264.
Resolution: HD — 1920 x 1080 or 1280 x 720 (16:9) / SD — 640 x 480 (4:3) or 640 x 360 (16:9)
The closing date for entries is 30 September 2015.
All entrants will be informed by e-mail of the results of the call for entries from Oktober 2015 on. Please make sure that your e-mail address is correct.
Click through to the CYCLOP website for the entry form. They also have a Facebook page.