Festival Silêncio is the celebration of word. Word as a creative unit and the vehicle of both thought and artistic creation is the engine behind this project. Festival Silêncio will take place in 2017 between the 28th of September and October 1st at Cais do Sodré, Lisbon.
“This is not a movie. It’s a poem.” is a poetry film showcase organised within the Festival Silêncio that includes a national and an international competition. The films in competition will be the manifestation of audiovisual poetical language which will be using cinematographic narrative to state itself as a message.
2. DATE AND PLACE
Between the 28th of September and October 1st, in Lisbon.
3. ADMISSION CONDITIONS
- Poetry films with the maximum duration of 10 minutes will be admitted for selection.
- There are no restrictions of genre, theme or approach.
- The films may be based on well widely recognized poetry, of Portuguese or universal origin, or be based on original poems.
- Films with spoken or written text, not in Portuguese language in the original version, should be subtitled either in Portuguese or English.
- Each participant can enter an unlimited number of films.
- There will be no admission of films already shown on commercial circuits.
- There is no age limit.
- The enrollment of films is free of charge;
- Entries will cease on May the 31st; (Deadline was extended to June 20th!)
- To enroll a film the following items must be sent:
a. Enrollment form, properly filled.
b. 3 stills of the film with a minimum resolution of 4MP.
c. Other materials considered relevant, as, for example, the film poster.
The admission process must be entirely sent to email@example.com
5. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR SELECTED FILMS
Copy of the film (format MP4/H264 in HD 1080p or 720p, Quicktime/H264 or ProRes/H264 in HD 1080p or 720p) spoken or subtitled in Portuguese or English.
6. JURY/SELECTION PROCESS
The selection jury will be composed of elements chosen by the organization and will have the task to select the works that will be presented in Festival Silêncio.
6.1. The film selection takes three categories into account:
6.1.1. Best National Poetry Film
6.1.2. Best International Poetry Film
6.1.3. Audience’s choice
The intellectual property and the copyrights of the films submitted to the competition will remain with the authors. When signing the admission form the participant declares being the author of the presented films and being the rightful owner of relevant copyright. The participant takes full responsibility on any controversy that might arise concerning the originality of the work and/or the property of the above mentioned rights. For all legal effects, the participants take full responsibility for the films they enroll. The Festival expressly disavows any responsibility, and will not be held responsible for any unauthorized inclusion of any content or materials within or relating to the submitted Film that are or may be the basis for any Third Party Claim.
8. FINAL DISPOSITIONS
When enrolling your film at the Competitive Showcase of Festival Silêncio, the participant agrees that the film can be, totally or partially, reproduced in any other place or event related to Festival Silêncio.